Thursday, March 10, 2011

This is my temporary home.

I'm super bored, and the house is as clean as it's gunna get. My back hurts, so I'm skipping on the mopping, and it's too late to start cleaning our bedspread (which I, of course, forgot to do today!) so me = done son. There's still a funky smell coming from our guest bathroom, but I have personally cleaned that shit so I have no friggin clue where the hell that stink is coming from. It's not a "OMG somebody shit themselves" stink, just a strange smell, so I'm not too worried about it. I'm guessing it's the linoleum holding in odor... which I am making my personal goal (along with a bazillion other things) to get rid of while Mark is gone. The entire house is hardwood and tile... the previous owners (who literally just remodeled the entire house) couldn't have put some REAL damn tile in the bathrooms!? C'mon!
But anywho, I've already seen all these Family Guy & American Dad episodes (thank you night-crew, for stealing my husband) so I've been brainstorming. About what you ask? Well Ima gunna tell ya, because I know how much you care and everythang (;

Main Goal this deployment:
Make this house look awesome. I'm going to get rid of our oversized recliner (...which I broke like four months after my mother got it for Mark. M'bad dawg!) and replace it with two cute, smaller chairs. Our living room is way to big for our oversized furniture. The beloved corduroy couch stays, but I gotta find two super cute smaller chairs of the perrfect shade to go with it. The couch is a dark blue, and the walls I plan on coloring a blue-grey (more on the blue side.) I'll also be adding a sweet ass oversized ottoman to replace our coffee table, which is currently residing in our guest bedroom because nobody uses it and it's a pain in the ass to keep clean (thank you Auto & Diesel!) And say good by to our oh so fabulous 20 dollar walmart side tables that are way to small to put anything other than a dang lamp, X-box controller, and candle on. I would replace our TV stand, too... but since Mark just haaaad to get a 60 inch, the only option to replace the one we have now is to sell a kidney. I'm rather fond of my kidneys, thank you. Then, of course, some picture frames for the wall... that will be empty because my horrible husband never takes pictures! But I'm going to get somebody to take homecoming pictures, so those will definitely fill the walls! I am not going to settle for one cell phone camera picture this homecoming!
Next, we move on to the bedroom. Which is also super small. I will be replacing our also super fancy 20 dollar walmart hip height bookshelf with a 3 drawer dresser/chest, hopefully one that matches our 6 drawer (long) dresser. My thrift store side table (just one...) will be replaced as well. I'm going to find two cute, smaller, end tables and spray paint those babies a faaabulously bold color to make our bedspread... so probably a medium-bright green. Then, I will either make my perfect headboard, or find it. Probably make it, since it's a lot cheaper to just buy a piece of plywood, some awesome fabric, and foam than to pay a bazillion times the cost of all that for one some self proclaimed genius made himself. And of course, add some art/shelves to the walls.
On to the guest bedroom! I'm going to try and get rid of my old bed (from my teenage years) and get a futon. Then I'll find a nice computer desk. The guest bedroom is perfect for a nursury, but 1. I ain't got no babies, and 2. I ain't getting no babies for at least another two years! So it'll do as an office :) Put some nice art in there (along with the framed poem Mark's aunt got us for christmas that her friend wrote) and a new coat of paint. Presto, lovely office.
Our second bedroom (our roommates, now. My brother's when he gets here) is good for now. I might put a nice dresser in there if I can find one at a good price, but other than that, some stuff to hang on the wall and it'll be good to go!

So hopefully, this house will look pretty dern good when Mark gets home! He's going to hire an landscaper to send our yard back to how it looked before Auto & Diesel destroyed it, so I might as well make the inside look awesome... and hopefully myself as well ;)

Cannot wait to tackle this place and, a year and a half later, make it feel like Home.