Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Just be patient, I'm a work in progress.



Well here we go again. Little old me, starting a blog. Everybody knows I'll probably get distracted, never to come back again after a week and a half... but I'll try to remember you, poor little blog.

Right now, I'm working on making it all pretty-like, so ignore the mess that it is now. This is just until I can find somebody who actually knows what the heck they're doin ;)

I guess I can start by telling you a little about myself, eh?

The names Ashley. Hi! I'm 21 years old, and have been married for 1 year, 2 weeks, and 3 whole days! Yes, yes I did reference my calendar to get the exact numbers. Don't you judge me. My husband's name is Mark. Don't mind how super fly he is... believe it or not he is flawed. We've known each other since high school, and reunited via maaahhhspaayce awhile back. We started dating February of 2008, so just over 3 years ago. He proposed just a month shy of our first anniversary, and we got married a year later, after his first deployment.

Speaking of deployments... I'm on my way to another. Just a week ago we thought we had four months. Silly us for counting our eggs before they hatched, because just yesterday my husband's oh so lovely command decides to spring on us that we have less than two weeks to get our shit together, and then he's gone for eleven months. Yep, I know... somebody put me in a short term coma, please and thank you.

So, I get to stay back here, holding up the fort with our two dogs, Auto & Diesel. At first I was a bit panicked, but luckily my amazing brother, Justin, agreed to move in while Mark is gone! Now I cannot wait for this deployment to start (not that I really have to wait, with the timeline they gave us!) so it can end already, and we can move in california! Very excited for that move. I love change, especially a change from this boring hole of a town. I don't know many people here, since in the year I've lived here we've went through one bump after the other in terms of me being able to get a job. First we moved, then we sold my car, then we got a truck, then the truck broke down, and the bugger still isn't up!!

As horrible as I'm expecting this deployment to be, I'm looking forward to the adventure. Yes, I've been through one... but that one was only 7 months. And we were already in a long distance relationship. I'm bracing myself for the fact that I've seen him every day for the past 1 and 2 months, and in a couple short weeks I'll have to go 11 months without having him here with me.

This should be an interesting 16 years.

2 comments:

Meggan said...

I cant wait for you to move to cali I love and miss you tons!

Ashleyyy said...

I miss you toooo!!