Saturday, April 2, 2011

Waiting for the love of a traveling soldier....

I would like to dedicate this blog post to my lovey dove, Shelley.

Call me callous, but I call it reality.

No, this isn't a forward.

You know what I don't get?

"The Silent Ranks." "The Women They Left Behind." And any other names for what I do for 6-10 months every other year.

I, for one, am not silent in the least. I am who I am, and my husbands job does not dictate otherwise. And he sure as hell did not leave me behind. For all intensive purposes I am right there beside him every day and every night.

And No, I do not cry every night. He makes me much to happy, even while he's away, for me to shed a tear every night for him. Try shedding a smile, instead.

When people ask me how I'm doing I either say Okay or good. And I mean it. I am not miserable, and I am not alone. My life goes on, and so does the rest of the world. While I do long for him, I do not pause my life for him. He will be here again, and hell, he might leave again, but that does not mean that I have play "Lady in waiting."

I love him, I need him, and I miss him more than I have every loved, needed, or missed anybody in my entire life, but he makes me much to happy to spend my days in sorrow.

Carry on rofl.

3 comments:

shelley said...

LOVE IT!!! Your strong...like me. Lol. I love how you don't whine and cry about it....especially on Facebook. Your awesome!

Tori M said...

I love you and I so agree.

♥mrs(e) said...

soooo on point ;)
love how bold you are about the subject*
I only wish there were MORE MS out there that feel the same way that we do --
back-bones please ;p (lol)