Saturday, April 9, 2011

Don't forget to remember me.

So life has been boring lately. Just waking up, eating, cleaning (kinda), emailing, off to bed, rinse & repeat.
Mark had been calling every day, but we already spent like 60 dollar in a week on calling cards, so we went three or four days until he caved and bought a third calling card. My mother is sending 6 more (thank you momma!) and I've got two care packages by my front door ready to be sent out on Monday!
This whole government shut down thing has really made me realize how much we need to start saving, though. I mean we don't really live outside of our means, IMO, but we definitely don't have much left over at the end of the day for savings. Thankfully I have a great family who is willing to loan us money for bills if need be, but I just really hate feeling like we aren't 100% self sufficient quiet yet. I know it's only been a year since we bought the house, but I would have liked to think that by now we'd have a good bit in savings. It'll be easier once sep. pay starts rolling in, and once Mark is in a tax free zone as well... and even more once we get the second half of our damn home buyers tax credit that the IRS is so conveniently taking their sweet ass time with. Especially once I get a job next month, we will definitely be good on our own from then on out so we're almost out of the grey as far as if the Government decides to screw us Military families over, my paycheck will have already set up a nice cushion for us to sit on for awhile, and also a nice cushion to put a baby on, yaaay! haha
Okay now I keep getting distracted by television, so I'm going to stop writing before I start to ramble. G'day motha lickaz

No comments: