My Blog | Behind Every Great Man...

The Greater.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Hi! My name is Ashley. I am 24 years old, and live in Okinawa, Japan! I have been married to my husband since 2010 and we have a gorgeous little girl together. This is my life. This is who I am, what I'm about, and exactly how boring it is.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

It's Been Awhile...

Since I blogged :-o

Sorry I went AWOL! It's been nearly two months since I posted. A lot has been going on, and frankly I didn't have the heart to write. Too much too say and not enough will power to do so.

I'll start on the negative note. Under two months ago, the main reason I've been putting off posting, something devastating happened. We were on leave for the 4th of July, in Florida. We stopped on the 29th of June in Orlando to see DH's family. We were supposed to stay the whole weekend, but only ended up staying for the night and then taking off the very next morning, probably about 45 minutes after waking up.

I woke up on the 30th and had several missed calls on my phone. Not a good sign. Well, I called my sister and found out the last thing I expect to hear. My grandmother had passed. She wasn't the healthiest of people, being overweight, but she wasn't sick. She had woken up early that morning, and collapsed. It seems so unreal, even now, that she isn't there. More than unreal, it's probably one of the hardest things I had to accept that she would never hold my little girl. She had been waiting for another girl in the family for sixteen years. She was sooo happy when I told her that I would be having a girl. It kills me that Madison will never truly know my grandmother. Her great grandmother.

Now lets try and get a bit more positive. Officially, as of today, I am now in the third trimesterrr!! Yaaay! Her nursery is (almost) painted. There's just a little spot left where Mark ran out of paint :) The crib is on it's way, as is the bedding and changing table! And the room is pretty stocked full of everything we will need, because guess who got a surprise baby showerrr? This girrrlll :P

So, I went to Ohio earlier this month. Funny story, I had an anxiety attack on the damn plane. Yep, that would happen to me. First one this entire pregnancy, worst one I've ever had, scared the ever-loving shit out of me. BUT, it was quick and I felt fine right afterwards, so they let me fly on. Last time I'll fly in a very long time, though, I'll say that much. Pregnant or not. Obviously I'm not flying any more while pregnant, though lol. I couldn't even if I wanted to. So I landed in Ohio, drove to my grandmother's house (I think I'll always call it her house...) to be greeted by the family who was supposed to be there, no biggie. But, look around? Decorations, "Its a Girl!", and a corner of the living room swamped in presents wrapped in paper with pictures of rattles, bows, and baby feet ♥ I got nearly everything on my registry. I'm so grateful that everybody was so generous. I knew she would be spoiled but goodness, this baby girl will want for nothing. I can see it now lol.

So, that's about what I've got going for me right now. Finally, I updated this. Hopefully I can keep everybody posted more from here on out now that I got all of this out of the way.

No comments: